I am not a morning person. I like sleeping in and slow mornings that always include coffee. While I’m hating the fact that the sun is barely up, a filling breakfast isn’t my first priority. And hey, some folks just can’t eat that early. That’s okay! The important thing is that you eat something when you can.
A muffin or scone or a quick Greek yogurt cup is great for on the go, but when lunch seems a year away, packing a few extra snacks for the mid-morning is a great idea. Putting a calorie cap on keeping yourself tied over until lunch with snacks is key, and over the next few days, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite mid-morning snacks under 100 calories.
14 Animal Crackers (98 calories)
*14 Animal Crackers, Trader Joe’s (120 calories per 17 crackers, 14 crackers = 98 calories)
More 100-Calorie Dessert Ideas:
- Our Favorite Dark Chocolate-Covered Pretzels
- Mini Cheese Plate: 100-Calorie Brie and Fig Dessert
- Sweet Sesame Almonds
- 100-Calorie Cookie Butter-Slathered Rice Cake
- Our Favorite 100-Calorie Macarons
- 100-Calorie Sweet Treat: Goat Cheese and Fruit Crackers