Spiralizing is an awesome and entertaining way to get fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet without incorporating complicated and calorie-heavy ingredients. Anything that gets you excited about cooking is worth some buzz, and we have some “in-spiralizing” ideas to get you started on this spiral sensation!
Spiralized Beet and Butternut Squash Noodles with Parsley Pesto
1 medium beet, peeled
1 medium golden beet, peeled
1 butternut squash, peeled
1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
½ cup italian parsley
3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Zest of 1 lemon
1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
1. Spiralize beets and the neck of the butternut squash (reserve the bottom hollow section for another use).
2. Combine vegetables and a small amount of water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute or until tender and drain beets and squash noodles on a paper towel.
3. In a blender or mini food processor, combine parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Blend until smooth.
4. Gently toss spiralized vegetables in pesto and sprinkle with feta.
CALORIES 114; FAT 7.3g (sat 1.9g, mono 4.5g, poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 2g; CARB 11g; FIBER 3g; CHOL 6mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 309mg; CALC 62mg
More Spiralized Recipes:
- Spiralized Cinnamon Apples with Greek Yogurt
- Chicken Parmesan over Zucchini Noodles
- Spiralizer Hash Browns