Anyone who’s been ghosted on knows that suddenly disappearing on someone is generally a pretty lame and inconsiderate thing to do. Still, some people are so cringe-worthy or annoying that total avoidance is the only possible route. Luckily, there is now an app for that. Okay, it's not quite for that, but it does get the job done.
Flyp allows you to host multiple numbers from your phone and send automated voice message responses to people calling who you don’t actually want to talk to. Here, 11 times when using an app like this to give out a fake number or to blow someone off is not only understandable, but encouraged.
1. The Membership Specialist at the Gym You Just Wanted to Try for a Day
Yes. You know about their “great membership plans.” No, you don’t want to get the third degree about why you haven't joined yet.
2. The Hounds Who Aren't Happy with the Charitable Donation You Already Gave
Those clipboard guys talked you into donating, but you don’t have to let them talk you into letting them call incessantly.
3. That Person Whose Business Idea Only Sounded Appealing Two Margaritas In
In the light of day, you realize that there’s probably not a huge market for cat strollers. Send off a “Actually, I’m not taking on any new projects right now, but I hope your plan goes off purrfectly.”
4. The One-Night Stand That Never Should Have Been
Why. Why. Why. Did you wake up next to a tarantula cage? Get your things, and give him a fake number before you run—not walk—out the door.
5. The Salesperson at an Expensive Furniture Store Who Won't Let You Leave Without Getting Your Info
You’re just here to figure out which cheaper versions you want to buy at Target, thanks. If they call to follow up, autotext back, “LOL $10,000 is way too much for a sofa.”
6. The Guy Who Cheated on You and Then Proceeded to Relentlessly Call You
Send him “I think you meant to dial that other girl” messages until he gets the picture.
7. The Car Salesperson Who Want to Make You an Offer You Can't Refuse
You are not ready to commit. Especially not to a man who wears a cell phone belt clip.
8. The Person Signing You Up for a Rewards Program That Requires Your Number
You want the deals. You could do without the ensuing sales calls.
9. The Old High-School Acquaintance Who Comes Out of the Woodwork to Get You Involved in Their Pyramid Scheme
You wondered why she was so excited to see you...until she started talking about this “great new product that has changed her life and made her money!”
All gifs from giphy.com.